The Ultimate Guide to Preventing Rug Bleeding
Do you have a beautiful area or oriental rug that you love? If so, you know how important it is to keep it clean and looking its best. But did you know that oriental rugs are especially prone to color bleeding? This can happen if the rug is not cleaned properly, or if it is exposed to certain chemicals or environmental factors.
What is color bleeding?
Color bleeding is when the dyes used to color a rug start to dissolve and bleed into other areas of the rug. This can happen for a number of reasons, including:
- Using the wrong cleaning method. Some cleaning methods, such as dry cleaning and steam cleaning, can damage the fibers in a rug and make it more likely to bleed. *Green Country Chem-Dry uses a safe and gentle cleaning method that is specifically designed for oriental rugs. Our area rug cleaning process is safe and effective, and we will never use harsh chemicals or abrasive methods that could damage your rug
- Using harsh chemicals. Some chemicals, such as bleach and ammonia, can also cause color bleeding.
- Exposing the rug to sunlight. UV rays from sunlight can break down the dyes in a rug and make it more likely to bleed.
How to prevent rug bleeding with Green Country Chem-Dry in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Green Country Chem-Dry in Tulsa, Oklahoma is a professional rug cleaning company that specializes in oriental rugs. They use a gentle cleaning method that is safe for your rug and will not cause color bleeding. They also use a special dye fixative to help prevent future bleeding.
To help prevent rug bleeding with Green Country Chem-Dry in Tulsa, Oklahoma, you can:
- Have your rug professionally cleaned by Green Country Chem-Dry. They will use a gentle, green-certified cleaning method that is safe for your rug and will not cause color bleeding.
- Avoid exposing your rug to sunlight. If you can, store your rug in a dark, cool place.
- Be careful when using chemicals. If you must use chemicals around your rug, be sure to ventilate the area well and avoid getting any chemicals on the rug itself.
If your rug does bleed, you can:
- Blot up as much of the liquid as possible with a clean, white cloth.
- Do not rub the area. Rubbing will only spread the stain.
- Call Green Country Chem-Dry in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They will be able to assess the damage and recommend a cleaning solution.
In some cases, it may be possible to reverse the bleeding by using a special dye fixative. However, in other cases, the damage may be permanent.
By following these tips, you can help to prevent rug bleeding and keep your rug looking its best for years to come.
Contact Green Country Chem-Dry in Tulsa, Oklahoma today to schedule a rug cleaning appointment. They are available 24/7 and offer free estimates.